09-11-2019, 10:29 AM   #14
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsutoratosu View Post
Got it.. its the first time I open it. Probably never open before. I should do it before winter comes..

Edit:
Do you think its more of cover or reseating the bulb. i dont think theres any other way a bulb can be put in..
I order the covers. should I just take the old cover off and let it dry or take the bulbs out also.

Thanks, I rarely do swaps
Doubt it’s the bulb since I think it can only go in one way. When u pull out stock one be sure to pay attention to orientation but I’m almost certain that long “stem” piece (actually think it’s called a frame) goes ok the bottom, i.e. pointing to 6 o’clock.

So then it can only be the igniter (metal box you twist on/off) that sits behind the bulb or the actual headlight rear cover. But I would bet it’s the latter where the rubber gasket dries up and doesn’t hold a good seal. Plus if you do a search, I think there was a member who ended up having to replace a lot of components due to moisture damage and after replacing the rear cover the problem never happened again.

Bulb swap isn’t hard. Wheel does not need to come off. Just turn full lock and start with side in which the wheel is facing inward. I ended up jacking the car since I’m lowered but it’s not a requirement.