View Single Post
      07-31-2019, 07:13 PM   #146
Michael9218
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 M Coupe

Time for some updates..

It's been a pretty frustrating first half of the year. I've been plagued with gremlins unrelated to the recent modifications, so I have yet to say I have really been able to push the car and feel the affect of the motor relocation.

After the throttle actuator issue, the next track day my steering rack blew one of the little O-ring seals on the hard lines. Sent the rack to The Rack Doctor for a rebuild (mine was the first E86M rack he's seen...).

Next track day the PS pump wouldn't hold pressure.

Next track day the car started having tune issues. Threw a misfire in cylinder 6. Couldn't even finish a single lap. Decided to switch to an Epic tune. Randy to the rescue! He was great. My tune had a corrupted file. After much effort, he finally got me fixed up with an alpha N tune.

So next track weekend at Roebling (4 hour tow), first session out and the new steering rack pinion seal blows! Turns out Rich said he got a bad batch of seals. Fortunately I brought a power steering delete kit I put together and decided to throw on a tired old set of Toyo RA1's and make the best of the weekend without power steering. For those thinking this might be an option to free up a few ponies, I give you a lap around Roebling without power steering. Note the hand position in the turns. By Sunday midday, I had Popeye arms, or maybe wish I did. I had enough and went home. It also didn't help that it was like 90 degrees and very humid!

https://youtu.be/Ar2OoPaJioQ
Appreciate 1
3002 tii2279.50