View Single Post
      05-19-2010, 08:08 PM   #20
O-cha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Mcoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
I knew even before I posted that this would be the response.

Honestly. Read what you posted. Read again what you posted. There's a pattern here. You did so with the Porsche. Again you did it with the AMG. There is an inherent problem here with your driving, and the sooner you see it and admit it the sooner you get to move on and LEARN. If you can't see that the in-ability to control your emotions and letting RED MIST getting to you is a problem and poor driving, you really should take a break from driving for your own sake.

Seriously. I had to bite my tongue when I first saw the video. I only piped up when everyone started jerking you off for your save. I'm only posting because I need to make everyone else aware, that this isn't good driving. And an "impressive" save it was, but it doesn't mask the piss poor driving.

And yes, I can tell you I've been stuck behind slow traffic for laps and laps, and had the car in front of me do some REALLY stupid stuff. I have taken students out in my car in the C and D group, caught up behind an M6 that would just floor it on the straights only to hold me up for another half a lap putzing along, and then proceed to jam the brakes in the middle of a 90 mph sweeper. This stuff isn't new to me. The most fundamental part of driving, looking ahead and past the traffic in front, doesn't automatically disappear when you're stuck behind a slow moving car. Nor should it disappear when you manage to pass a car that's been holding you up for laps. Mistakes like this should not be a regular occurrence, and if it happens more than once in a single day it's a PROBLEM not to be proud of.

Here's a little tip. I PERSONALLY know I'm a good driver. But I'm not so good that I'm going to turn away free advice on my driving. If you can't take a little criticism on your mistakes, you really aren't learning. I had a long conversation this past weekend with a guy that drives a Dinan Powered Daytona Prototype and won in Koni Challenge twice last year at Homestead and Iowa, and he told me that even TODAY (the day I was speaking and driving with him) that he's still learning each and every time he goes out to drive. It never stops.

So if you really think you're so good that you can't possibly take my criticism of what I feel and see is a trend of mistakes that needs to be addressed, that's your prerogative. But I do need to make the REST of the community aware, that this type of driving is indeed poor, and that red-mist and following cars in front and making mistakes when they do something stupid is what a rookie driver do and should be avoided.

While we're at it, "poor decision making" is what makes an easily avoidable situation much worse on the track. Poor decision making leads to poor driving. By doing the following:

You were compounding on the series of mistakes already made prior to the spin and up to the spin.

Again, if you can't see the forest for the trees, good luck. You are going to need more of it. Put that giant ego of yours aside and you will likely find a better driver underneath it waiting to come out.
(ending comment first for the need of its punctuation)

I take a lot of peoples advice, those people, however, are the ones that give advice to better the driver, not the people, like you, that give "advise" in order to try and bolster their own ego and put themselves above others.
So, please, just keep your nose in your own business and give your "advise" to someone else.

Hack, I'm sorry, but you're an idiot. You're delusional if you think you are giving "advice" or "constructive criticism". You can't give advise to someone who already knows and even stated EXACTLY the error that lead up to, caused at the point, and prevented immediate correction.

All you're doing is repeating what I already have stated several times in black and white, but adding your own pretentious, talking down, king of the track spin to. Which is your usual in every track thread that gets posted, and trust me it is so, so old.

Hell, I believe I even called myself a dumbass multiple times for continuing to follow him in the first place.

You know, I'm really sorry that people "complimented" the save and your ego just couldn't handle it without trying to take someone down, again if you weren't so ignorant (thats like ignoring FYI) you would have read and seen that I even challeneged these "compliments" as being too kind. But you were so busy trying to get your chance to talk down to someone about track activities that you didn't bother to notice or just ignored it.

I also think it's hilarious that you have determined my driving habits out of 2 clips (which are over a year apart ) from so many track hours.

You want to tell me that people tracking for years have not had red mist at least a couple times? Then you really are delusional, and if not, then you have no business commenting because you know it happens, even to the most experienced and seasoned drivers. You see it several times a race FFS, its not exactly a rare occurrence but you're making it out like anyone who succumbs to it should never be on a track.

You could even say I'm doing a service posting it because it shows the kind of harry situation you can get in if you do.