View Single Post
      05-02-2010, 07:20 PM   #8
O-cha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Mcoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by colatkitty View Post
Good saves in the first video. Looks like you trailed hard off your brakes and caused your back end to swing around on you. But after the initial counter steer, keep your foot constant on the gas instead of completely lifting resulting in the rear end to stay light. The subsequent 3 oversteer events looks to be due to your foot being off the gas, and just coasting through the turn mid-turn with a light rear end. With more practice, you can be much smoother. Ideally, you can smooth out that turn into a zero-counter, neutral steer with smooth imput of throttle and steering.
I guess no one reads descriptions of videos, I'll just post it to make thing seasier I guess?

"So, porsche in front of me was going through turn one like a slug and I didn't expect it, So I had to brake hard after my turn in shifting weight to the front of car causing the oversteer (back coming out).

This is what you DONT do in this situation by the way, I seriously risked hitting the wall by continuing the turn, I should have corrected the first time and gone straight and hit the brakes rather then try to turn back in after the car settled (causing subsequent oversteers)

Porsche in front of me refused to let me pass for 5 laps by the way, we were going about the same speed (I had green brakes and overinflated tires, he was holding back a little) I was way hot under the helmet, so i was all over the place."