Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by beta View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanne View Post
Awesome car that, prob my least fave color, but thats a personal thing, instead of how it looks, id /MUCH/ rather hear about how it goes?

Congrats on your McLaren, very very nice..
Thanks! About the color my sweetheart agrees with you, she likes the color but she thinks the car is so loud in itself it could do with a subdued color. We specced a GT together in a flat ceramic gray and it really brings up the natural lines of the car, so in that sense I agree with you guys.

As to how it goes, it's a rocket! Launch mode is a riot, I can't imagine how it would feel as a passenger, but as a driver I was giggling like a fool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdb View Post
McLarens get a lot of good press about how compliant their suspensions are. Really good ride quality for the class of car. I like the color too.
It's all true, it somehow manages to be more composed and the road while also being more compliant. The Super series cars have the trick cross-linked suspension that makes it even better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMetal View Post
I love that color - It's defintely much better than any of the colorless colors (black, white, silver,gray,etc). These cars needs bright colors!
Yes! I absolutely LOVE this color, from the z4 you can see I like unusual colors. It does the same thing that sepang bronze does, where in the sun it shines a bright yellow/gold color because the paint has a ton of metal flake. I've loved this color since the first time I saw a car in it. Pictures don't do it justice (just like the bronze), and people often comment this when they see it in person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deemo319 View Post
You are correct. I have driven a brand new 720S (94 miles on the odometer) and it was comfortable and has a surprisingly compliant suspension for a car of it's caliber.

The new GT lacks the trick suspension of the 720S but shares it engine in detuned form. The ride in the GT is almost supple compared to competitors, both direct and indirect. It may be it's most surprising aspect.

I can't comment on a 570 since I haven't driven one yet. Although trying to get my girlfriend to like a 570S Spider has been a slight challenge. She loves the ride in the GT.
Oh yeah the super series hydraulic cross-linked suspension is amazing. Having said that my friend with the 12C tells me the difference is not huge. He recently upgraded to a 600LT and he has no regrets.

I looked at the GT as well, and it really ticks all the boxes for me except in one area: the design of the car. The 570GT just looks way better IMO.
The 600LT is unbelievable. To me the GT is first actual pretty car they have made. And color of yours is awesome and was well chosen. Congrats by the way.

I really want to get a 720S Spider in the worst way. There is a Ludus Blue car in Chicago right now that ticks all of the boxes...
Appreciate 0