View Single Post
      05-24-2020, 12:39 AM   #5
beta
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2006 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdb View Post
Nice! I'm jealous. The garage mate I just got for my Z is a station wagon.
I'm a fan of station wagons! Sadly, they're much more popular across the pond than here. I do understand the draw of a giant SUV, as it's fun as hell to be so high up, but for driving enjoyment and living with, wagons all the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdb View Post
I also looked at your modification journal and noticed that you put Vibra-Technics motor mounts in your Z some time ago. How are they holding up? I very recently added them as part of an omnibus maintenance job over the winter. Did the AutoSolutions shift kit as well which I lovelovelove. No more messy 2nd gear downshifts.
So far they've held up great, just looked it up and that was 2013. I've actually been thinking that I am due for new inserts and should probably look into that. Just wrote the company to see how often they recommend rebuilding and if they sell the inserts separately.

As for the SSK we agree, first time I got to drive a Z4 with the SSK I was sold. Great mod and worth every penny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post
Wowie!
Tell us about your McLaren!!!!
It's a 570GT in volcano orange, it looks matte because I have it wrapped in clear bra to protect the paint.

I got the GT model (versus the S or spider) because I wanted an upgrade in both performance and comfort. And it definitely lives up to both.

My favorite thing about it is how stiff the car is. It's so rigid because of the materials and construction, but still manages to have a more comfortable and compliant suspension than the Z, and the Z has a KW suspension kit.

Here's the before/after of the 570 being wrapped: