04-04-2017, 05:20 PM   #10
Jackal
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4MC (Bianca)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_wright View Post
I've used Hawk Street/Race and HP+, Performance Friction Z Rated, Ferodo DS2500, and currently running EBC Yellow. All of them have worked well for autoX. The Ferodo and EBC pads have been the cleanest, then the PFZR, and well the Hawks are what they are. The Ferodo and EBC have the best initial cold bite, but none of them have been a braking issue even on the first run on a cooler day.
Thanks for the info and it sounds like you have a lot of experience on the topic.

I was looking at the BlueStuff, and RedStuff pads, but I was worried that the YellowStuff pads would have been too noisy for the dual duty my car pulls.

I was also looking int the Akebono Ceramic pads, but haven't been sold that the brake power is hugely better than the stock pads. As I understand it though, they make no noise and almost no dust at all.

I have never considered the Ferodo pads and admittedly this is the first I've heard of them. It sounds like they may be the ticket for me as a cross section between performance/noise/ and dust (In order of importance).