03-27-2017, 11:29 AM   #6
Jackal
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4MC (Bianca)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F360C View Post
For alingment settings... do you plan to drive the car as daily? If daily i would say -2.5 camber/0 toe and -1.9-2.1 rear camber/1/16 total toe rear.

If it is more of a weekend toy i would stay around the same rear settings but bump the front camber t0 -3 or more depending on how the car handles.
This is my Daily Driver, but I'm willing to sacrifice some comfort for the Auto-x cause. The square setup will tramline like a boss I'm sure.

Quote:
The only issue you might have is clearnance issues between the top of the strut and the tire. When you use camber washer you effectively move the top of the tire closer to the strut to increase camber vs a camber plate that moves the strut and wheel in unison. So with that large tire you might be limited to the amount of camber you can run but i cant say for sure. When i ran the camber washers i was only running 245 front tire so i could basically max out the camber and still have clearnace. I am running a 275 front now and I would not be able to run the washers due to how tight the clearance is.
I'll need to run a 5mm spacer to move out the tire from the strut. Of course the camber washers can be done in varying degrees as well. One 2.5mm washer or two, and I expect I'll have to play with it a little.

Quote:
If you're looking for a good shop to do alignments in YYC check out my friends shop called "Haute AG".... I autoxed/tracked alot with him in college so he knows what you will be looking for. Just tell him Adam sent you
I've been to Haute a few times and they have never done me wrong. I've also had very positive experiences with Sheni's. Both are readily accessible to me, one from home and the other from work.

I posted the schedule in the "Canada Subforum here, and also on Project Technik if you are there as well.