tiltmode43
I plead the 5th.
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 Frontier Pro-4X, '06 Z4MR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calichase View Post
Some food for thought-

My current toyo proxes rears are showing some severe wear and I will most likely replace them this winter when I put the car away.

Now I currently have 2 sets of wheels and tires for my m coupe, the stock wheels and tires (which I never use and only keep in the event I ever sell my car) and then my apex's proxes. I typically do 2-3 track days a year, and the rest of my time I spend on public roads. I only drive my car April-November, and the proxes hate the cold and rain, enough that I won't bother to take the car out in those conditions.
My thought is that if I'm only getting 7k miles out of a set of proxes that really only have about 500 track miles on them, should I replace them with something more civil, Michellin pss, and then maybe keep a set of proxes for track driving? Is it worth if it if I'm only at the track a hand full of times a year? I could even mount my track tires on my old stock wheels if I wanted.

Thoughts?
Running R-Comps on the street is pretty aggressive. With a UTQG of only 100, they really aren't meant to last too long and at 7k miles it seems like you actually did alright.

If you need R-Comps, I'd say use a set of wheels dedicated to track and pick up something more street friendly for the every day wheels. Or, go with the "Extreme Performance" street tire tier and see how you like them on the track (Hankook RS3, Dunlop Star Specs, Bridgestone RE-11, Toyo R1R, Federal RSR, etc.).

| Z4M Build Thread | @violetnites | flickr |
Appreciate 0