View Single Post
      04-13-2020, 09:36 AM   #4
ChrisPiascik
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 BMW Z4 3.0

I sold one of my motorcycles and decided to splurge on an LSD. I bought one from Diffsonline and went with the 3.64 gearing over the stock 3.07. I'm used to tight ratio'd sports cars and the gearing on the Z4 felt a bit lazy to me. Also, I try to not go much above 80 on the highway and the low rpms up that high made it deceptively easy to go much faster than that without knowing.

The 3.65 gearing provided an increase of 18.6% torque as a result of the torque multiplication in the gear ratio change. And wow, that is a huge difference. This thing rips now.

At the same time I swapped in some H&R sport springs. I can't wait to get this diff fully broken in to really try it out.

Also: my stock grill was cracked so I took a gamble on this ebay one with the M stripes and I was pleasantly surprised with the quality. Fits perfect and I think it looks great. I also got a BMWCCA grill badge since I've been a member for a while even though this is my first BMW (aside from a mini) because I race with their club.
Attached Images