View Single Post
      02-05-2020, 07:44 AM   #3
belcom
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '18 540i, '06 Z4si, '07 Z4MC

Unfortunately, tires are run flats. For some strange reason people stick with the run flats and make it sound like its a good thing when selling their cars

Having said that, on my old 335xi I've driven 3 winters with KW V1s and winter run flats which was really harsh and unforgiving with stock suspension. The ride was perfectly compliant with KW and same tires though. And nearly perfect with light weight 19s and Michelin PSS.

I am planning to get rid of run flats. But hoping that replacing bushings and suspension will make a big difference. Also really hope I can get the steering tighter after adjustment. Tires will be changed after that.

Will be doing some shopping soon just need to understand which parts I need and make a list. Planning to start wrenching on it before spring so that I am ready to hit the road fully prepared. Planning some road trips with wifey already. Top down cruising is going to be great. The Z4 seems to be getting a lot more attention from me than my new 540i daily love the 5 though. that thing is a beast!

ST X coils have been ordered. Excited

Last edited by belcom; 02-05-2020 at 11:10 AM..
Appreciate 0