View Single Post
      07-15-2022, 07:45 PM   #4466
________
________
Rep
Drives: ________

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWCCA1 View Post
I have the "fake" 50th hubcaps on my E82. Got a set from Amazon and another from Ebay. Both sellers have since been shut down. The quality is actually excellent. Looks like BMW OE with the exception of the proportions of the M-color semi-circles and the larger Roundel, but to some these look better with less white areas.

They say made in "Italy" and have a BMW logo cast into the carrier with the metal 50th badge tabbed over the carrier at four points just like BMW OE badges from a few years ago. Since BMW NA doesn't stock the current 50th badges and I've not been able to find the p/n for the 68mm version on my E82, this was my best shot. I've had the "original" Motorsport logo on my bikes, shirts, and jackets for, well, 50-years. Why deny me the pleasure of buying new ones. BMW sold me the damn parka for $300 or so just a year ago. Why make the hubcaps so hard to acquire?
As it pertains to this thread, you adding “50 years of M” emblems to your car would make them fake badges anyway. So fake or real, you still belong here. So relax and enjoy!
Appreciate 3
DanG10660.50