01-26-2021, 11:54 AM   #38
KoenG
Lieutenant Colonel
Belgium
Rep
Drives: i4 eDrive40 & Cupra Leon 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
But who really is BMW's "most loyal fanbase?" For the longest time I thought it was people like us who live and die with Inline 6s, hydraulic steering, and the ability to row our own gears whether it be a manual or automatic.

In reality BMW's "most loyal" fans over time have been folks who desire a trendy and flashy car. They are better than ever at fulfilling the desires of their customer base.
There is also something like Net Promotor Score expressing the loyalty of the customer base. High scores are attributed by customers that are ambassadors for the brand. They are convinced about their preference and are audicious about it: they start convincing peers, family friends because of their enthousiasm.

I'am pretty confident that in the past 20 years, I indirectly sold one extra BMW each year by acting as a brand ambassador (I know since the dealer gives me a call each time somebody drops my name in the showroom). Some of the people buying them are converted ambassadors in the meantime and so the decease spreads more effective than any other mkt campaign.

Brand loyalty and ambassadorship are key, Apple has become the company that it is today because of it.
Appreciate 0