06-06-2021, 01:20 PM   #249
Bubbles
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: Green Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by yco View Post
are we really judging a 7 Times World Champion's racing talent by his pants that he wears? and how different he is from other drivers?

i know where this talk will lead.. nowhere.. happened here million times..

i dont know you Bubbles.. but i know myself.. its been quite a while that i dont judge people by their appearances.. you can interpret of course.. but it ll be purely subjective.. and we can see at the moment how warped results can be..

felt really bad to see such talks here..
Why can’t you poke fun at pants? It’s pants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
Why does he have some growing up to do?

All he said is that he was disappointed that he couldn't maximize his result.
That he couldn't make optimal use of the situation where others could.
I think any real athlete isnt a real athlete if he wouldn't feel disappointed when not achieving P1 when it was within his grasp. You want to cheer for an athlete that says: "if I had performed to my maximum ability I would have stood on P1 but I'm very happy with P3"?
I can only think back to the glorydays of F1 when Senna and Prost were fighting the battle all weekend long because the wouldnt take less than P1. Not only in the race or in qualifying, but also in all the practice sessions. They wanted to be #1 period.

Mind you, VER doens't blame anyone in particular here, he's disappointed in his own performance, that he wasn't there at the right time. And there is nothing wrong or immature about that. Not for an athlete that is there to win.

Using his age as an excuse is just another way to talk him down on a point that isn't really there. A poor discussion technique.

It's not VER that has some growing up to do here.....
Overthinking my post. Max is ahead of his time from a maturity standpoint, but he occasionally acts his age which is ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Why are you surprised? I'm no longer surprised at the inane stupidity that is said in international forums to justify the borderline-racist and straight-up racists comments that are made about Sir Lewis.

The funny thing about the "gentleman" bringing up the pants is especially hilarious since so many fans are complaining about the "corporate robot driver" and not-then Sir Lewis left McLaren to have more freedom as an individual. The forays into fashion, music and many other endeavors are the result of this yet there are fans who impugn him about being different.

It's literally insane.
Zebra pants are funny but I support your right to wear them in good health.