View Single Post
      12-07-2019, 11:03 AM   #157
KenB925
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ZL1, Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewmr View Post
Just making an observation. You may be totally fine with your choices.

I have always shot 1911's in any/all of the competitions. At some time in my life, I decided I was tired of carrying all that weight (concealed carry) and went with a lighter plastic 9mm with higher capacity for concealed carry. Boy was it nice having a smaller, lighter gun on my hip.

Many years (decades) ago at one of our shooting events, I decided to try something. Let's shoot the carry gun instead of the 1911. Boy was that an eye opening experience.

I was shooting 3 or 4 hundred rounds a week, so it's not like I was inexperienced. And I was willing to accept the difference between a single action first round shot of the 1911 and the double action first round shot of the 9mm. But when it was time to put it all to use, there was a serious difference between the two. Mag release, slide release, safety and recoil all were different and my confidence in the firearm (in competition) suffered.

The 9mm went back into the safe, and I went back to carrying a 1911.

The guns you have may be so similar ( I don't know anything about either of them) that it's transparent to you. If that's the case, I've wasted my time typing this. If there is a difference between the two, you may want to pick a favorite and acquire a second for the other car.

You can thank me for a reason to purchase another firearm later :-).....
I wasn’t shooting in competition, just for fun at the range...quite a bit, and Ibhad the same realization.

Carry what you like shooting, for me that is a 1911. Most of the time it’s my Ed Brown
Appreciate 0