12-07-2019, 08:46 AM   #156
dkreidel
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: a lot of BMW's

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewmr View Post
Just making an observation. You may be totally fine with your choices.

I have always shot 1911's in any/all of the competitions. At some time in my life, I decided I was tired of carrying all that weight (concealed carry) and went with a lighter plastic 9mm with higher capacity for concealed carry. Boy was it nice having a smaller, lighter gun on my hip.

Many years (decades) ago at one of our shooting events, I decided to try something. Let's shoot the carry gun instead of the 1911. Boy was that an eye opening experience.

I was shooting 3 or 4 hundred rounds a week, so it's not like I was inexperienced. And I was willing to accept the difference between a single action first round shot of the 1911 and the double action first round shot of the 9mm. But when it was time to put it all to use, there was a serious difference between the two. Mag release, slide release, safety and recoil all were different and my confidence in the firearm (in competition) suffered.

The 9mm went back into the safe, and I went back to carrying a 1911.

The guns you have may be so similar ( I don't know anything about either of them) that it's transparent to you. If that's the case, I've wasted my time typing this. If there is a difference between the two, you may want to pick a favorite and acquire a second for the other car.

You can thank me for a reason to purchase another firearm later :-).....
Thanks for the heads-up, but both Sig Sauer pistols are single stack with identical DA/SA manual of arms. Both are hammer fired, have very similar triggers, identical night sights with Crimson Trace grips, etc. I do have a second P239 in 357 Sig that lives in my daily driver, a Ram 1500 4x4, and a second P220 in 45 ACP for the Bullitt. You bring up very good points, so the effort was much appreciated and not wasted

A Mossberg Shockwave also lives secured in the pick-up

Curiously, Montana does not consider loaded weapons (in or out of sight) in vehicles as concealed, and therefore do not require a CCW. Montana is a shall issue state, and I've had my CCW for as long as I've lived here.