View Single Post
      11-29-2019, 09:29 AM   #6
ryank382
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, Z4 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockstar93 View Post
Few fixed-back seats have provisions for 3-pt belts, the vast majority have sides the are way too high and leave the lap belt not in contact with your body. I personally wouldn't take the risk on this.

Even the Recaro models you listed suffer from this. The exception would be the Recaro Pole Position ABE which I believe is only available in Europe. This is similar to the M4 GTS seat ($$$$$$) which allows the lap belt to be used properly.

The only fixed-back seats I've seen that can safely accommodate a 3pt would be the aforementioned Recaro PP ABE, Cobra Nogaro, and Tillett B1/B5. Or the various OEM offerings (M3 CSL, M4 GTS, 991 GT2/GT3, etc.).

Edit: I'm reading now that you're 6'2". If your plan is to also find a seat that can work with a 4/5/6pt harness, be aware that seats like the Recaro PP have shoulder harness holes that I've read can be too low and thus also create a very unsafe angle.

While I've never used them, have you considered a CG-Lock with your stock seats? I've heard it's a decent half-measure and won't involve the headache of choosing an aftermarket seat entails.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdb View Post
I had a CG-Lock in my STi. A bit annoying in daily use but very functional otherwise. It essentially cinches the lap belt tightly in place, eliminating any inertia reel play from that section of the belt.

Ty for the responses. Did not know the CG lock existed so will definitely be ordering that. Also will not be using harnesses and am aware of the lap belt issue with the fixed back seats which is why I was looking into the Nogaros. I only meant to reference the pole positions and profis(IIRC) to use as an example of what has been confirmed to fit into our cars.

After some research I've learned that the Nogaros are actually more narrow then pole positions so in theory they should fit. However when I sat in PPs they were too tight. But I read one person with a 38 waist (bigger then I) fit comfortably snug into the nogaros that are more narrow which doesnt make much sense to me. Regardless will be calling HMS to get their input and probably take the risk of ordering without ever sitting in one. They can retain heated seats and can have a lumber functionality while being a fixed back seat that you can use with factory 3 point so cant really ask for more.
Appreciate 0