T-Bears
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E85 2.5i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CompuPsych View Post
I have a 2005 Z4 that needs new tires. After much research (Consumer Reports, Tire Rack, Tyre Reviews, etc.) I've narrowed it down to the Michelin All Season 4 and the new Continental DWS 06 Plus. I'm prioritizing road feel and handling, low road noise, and a reasonably comfortable ride. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
I have both. AS4 on my Z4 and DWS 06 on my SLK. They are both good long lasting-quiet tires that provides decent dry and wet traction . I daily drive those two cars so all season tires fit my needs. I've actually taken the AS4 at the track and it did well for all season tires. AS4 come stock on C8 Corvettes so it's not a horrible tire but it's also not the best for dry traction. Will the AS4 get the job done Mon-Fri? Absolutely.

On the other hand, I use PS Cup/4S on my Porsche since it's mostly a garage queen. The beast only comes out for occasional trackdays and canyon rides which is about 4k miles a year or less. That car only has one purpose .

What are your driving habits and what is car used for? That will determine your decision.
Appreciate 0