01-29-2021, 01:29 PM   #207
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
LOL! You forget that Sir Lewis came back from major deficits in 2017 and 2018 to beat VET who was in a faster car.

I suggest you read the articles about Sir Lewis and his first few days at Mercedes. He changed critical things on the car before he really even drove it. McLaren would NOT listen to him at all because they still saw the 13 year old boy who signed up for the team. This is common with parents and children at all times. Niki Lauda knew better than anyone in F1 and, certainly, anyone here the potential of the combination. The rest is history.

Lewis at McLaren: 21 wins 25 or 26 pole positions and a similar number of fastest laps. He had 2/3s of the wins for the entire team that had 2 other WDCs and KOV driving for them. He had 87% of the pole positions.

Think about that for a moment.

Sir Lewis made thes McLaren look MUCH better than it was as he has for each car he has driven. Mercedes would have likely lost the 2017 and 2018 WDCs to VET and Ferrari, had anyone but Sir Lewis driven for them.

He wins the races he should win, and he wins the races he shouldn't win. Sir Lewis is a force of nature on the track...just refer to Turkey, my friend. The wheat was separated from the chaff. Sir Lewis won by 30+ seconds.

Trying to talk Sir Lewis down won't make Max a better driver. He's driven for 6 seasons and has a track record. It isn't that impressive. He's failed the RIC test and I suspect he will fail the PER test. Then his true worth will be shown. For goodness sakes, he hasn't even FACED a real WDC in an identical car. He would get scorched.

The record says so.
Well my friend as you requested , I was just thinking patiently regarding your statement .
And guess what ?

I couldn't agree more !

There's no doubt HAM would have won his 7 WDC's in a F* oldtimer tractor as well !

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 3
M5Rick59587.50
MKSixer34173.50
DrFerry6727.00