01-27-2015, 12:51 PM   #8
M-Power M3
Retrograde
Rep
Drives: Bagged Z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by torchmedia View Post
Just out of curiosity.

Does the tank hold a big enough charge that your first up/down motion happens immediately (and quickly)?

Eg. My driveway has a pretty good incline and would need a higher stance... can you add air to the bags while driving just before you arrive?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty_sojah View Post
i have a similar setup on my sedan and i can answer this question hopefully for you torchmedia. the speed of the rise and fall depends more on the size of the lines, but with 1/8 or 1/4 lines you should be more than able to raise up seconds before a dip or bump or driveway. not sure how much travel his setup has but mine that has only a 3.5" travel holds about 2 full lifts worth of air. but this depends on the size of the air tank and obviously if it is full or not.

there is a sensor that kicks the motor on when the PSI drops below a preset level, but i am not sure how much air (what % of a full lift) at a minimum the preset/psi level is set to. mine hold about 2" of lift at a minimum which is still enough for me to avoid smashing into things.

i also just want to state that this is an amazing deal on the air susp parts and that i don't think this price will come around again. if i didn't just get coilovers not long ago i would have this already in the mail on its way to my z4
Well said,

to add to that there have been a few times where I've seen something in the road and reacted quick enough to basically drive right over it.

Same with speed bumps, driveways, etc. The management will kick on the compressor automatically at a minimum pressure you set to ensure that the tank is always full. So unless you're playing with the system at a stoplight or something and moments later you need to air all the way up you'll rarely find a time when the tank size isn't enough. Fortunately these cars are really light so the amount of air for lift is minimal when compared to other cars, also since its so light the 1/4" lines are somewhat quicker than say on a heavier sedan.

Also included is the air tool hookup so you can fill tires, blow up balloon animals or what ever you can think of

Bagged TT 225Q SOLD - e46 M3 SOLD - W202 SOLD - e46 325i SOLD
Appreciate 0