View Single Post
      12-19-2018, 05:03 PM   #6
JimBob0047
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4MR

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post
Thirteen yrs is a long time to own a sports car. Tell us your impressions of the difference in handling, power, braking, etc between the "Z"s.

I thought I'd never get rid of the 350z but then came along a Z4 intended for my wife, I caught the bug and traded it in for a Z4M.

My 350z was thoroughly massaged suspension wise so it handled like a champion. The 350 has more of a muscle car feel and completely bare bones with all expenses spared. But it was purpose built and served its purpose well. It stepped out and corrected it self progressively and predictably. Breaking was horrible. And the VQ engine note is iconic and rasp free!

The Z4M is another animal. Faster, lighter, higher strung and less predictable in loss of traction scenarios. But it does it this with absolute refinement and absolute focus around the driver. You don't have to input as much but you have to pay more attention if that makes sense. It's so smooth you don't realize how fast your going. Breaking is heavenly but what else do you expect from csl breaks on a 3,000 lbs car. And it's a roadster!
Appreciate 0