12-14-2023, 11:13 AM   #10
mmm-five
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4MC + 2015 320D M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcube View Post
Just curious, how discernible are the settings? Does each click result in a significant change in characteristics? Noticed you only have 2 clicks difference between summer and winter settings.

I had a set of HKS coils on a previous car that was set up for the track, and honestly I could barely tell the difference so just ended up leaving it at the maximum stiffness.
1 click I couldn't really tell, 2 clicks I 'think' I can tell, but I had it on the lowest setting for quite a while to get used to it and kept cranking it up until it felt too poor a ride for UK roads and cranked it down a couple.

For winter - where I don't use it a lot anyway - I just took it all the way down and tried to keep the front/rear variance the same.

Some people just crank them to 10 for all their uses, but mine was a 90% road car for a long time (25k miles a year) and the UK tracks I used were very smooth, so didn't hamper the higher settings. The bumps/kerns at some places on the 'Ring mean I back off a little to avoid too much bounce.
Appreciate 0