Nate4641
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 M Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanne View Post
Hi Nate, hows the engine cover fit? does it fit singly (bolt holes aside?) would you do that again? it does look awesome
When I first installed it, it took me a good amount of time and sweat to get it into position. In hindsight I should have taken the time to dremel out some of the mounting holes as it basically felt like the cover was a couple mm too small. Most of the holes lined up, but a few were just enough off that the threads on the studs were grinding against one side of the hole. For all but one stud that did this it wasn't a problem. For the one, that happened to be the front right, the stud ended up being too close to the cover that I couldn't get the nut on it. I had the shop that did my inspection 2 do some work to the cover and when I got it back I was able to get the nut on. The Tekarbon cover is also the least expensive on the market that I could find so I guess I got what I paid for..

For me though, I was more upset about the direction the carbon fiber lays. I think it would have looked better if the angle flowed outward instead of in towards the center of the car, but I'm just a little too picky about the minor details like that lol. I think Dubsesd's cover is like that.