View Single Post
      10-03-2019, 01:54 PM   #4
Zman2019
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW Z4

Hi 3002 tti,

I fully acknowledge your point and don’t take issue with it necessarily. I’m not fully convinced the all dealers will discount 7-8% without haggling. Assuming though that is the case, 7% of $62450 is $4,375. Deducting this from the $62,450 is $58,075.

That being said, in Canada, based on the ads I’ve looked at, the dealer adds an admin fee of $600+, dealer prep of around $500, delivery (freight) of $995 which adds another couple of grand to the price, if not more. There may be additional fees as well.

So the price of $58,000 all in, will still be perhaps 2 or 3% cheaper than a dealer price even assuming you can get the “automatic” 7-8% off from the dealer.

Of course, at the dealership, you may get to choose the colour and you can option the car as you wish and I understand that. But it comes at a cost.

I also understand that the car is “used” but still with less than 100 kilometers and full warranty.

It’s probably going to work best for a local buyer in B.C. or perhaps Alberta. Any further east or down south, not so good.

I’m relatively firm but cash talks. At the same time I’m not going to fire sale the car at $50k. At that price, I’d drive it for a year and then sell it.

Honestly appreciate your input though.

Cheers,

Lee
Appreciate 0