View Single Post
      05-17-2023, 06:21 AM   #1
wtwo3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 23 X7 40i; 23 M3; 24 cooper s

Garage List
One Chip Challenge

I did this yesterday. Biggest mistake of my life. For those of you who don't know - the one chip challenge is basically a chip coated in carolina reaper chili. The challenge is to eat the single chip and I guess record your reaction? I'm not entirely sure at this point. Allow me to document my experience:

2:00pm
- After staring at this chip that had been sitting on my desk for weeks ever since a "friend" of mine mailed it to me and challenged me to try it (friend is in quotations because I wouldn't wish this upon any of my friends) - I decided, with a meeting-free afternoon, to take the plunge and try it.

2:15pm - I've eaten the single black chip, which turned my entire mouth and tongue blue. The chip had a god crunch to it, and it was definitely spicy, but what I wasn't prepared for was just how awful it tasted. I can't even describe the taste... it just tasted bad.

2:19pm - Now the intense burn begins... I can handle this, I love spicy food and have a high spice tolerance. It's definitely one of the most intense burns I've experienced, but I ain't no bitch.... yet

2:45pm - The burn is still there and I've had enough... so I drink some milk and chew on some ice to subside some of the burn. All is well minus the random burps that bring back that awful flavor.

3:30pm - I'm picking my daughter up from school. On our way home, it hits me..... INTENSE abdominal pain and burning. I have the AC cranked as high as possible, seat coolers on, and I'm sweating. Simply lifting my foot to press/release the clutch with each gearshift is a tall task all of a sudden.

3:45pm - I run to the bathroom. After the bathroom break I take some tums, and I'm OK now.

4:00pm - 8:00pm - Intermittent extreme abdominal pain and more medication... tums.. mylanta... pepcid...

8:00pm - 1:00am - In and out of the bathroom with intense burning sensation in abdomen. I have to try and sleep partly sitting up.

1:00am - 5:00am - After more medication and a heating pad resting on my stomach, I'm finally able to get some sleep.

5:00am - current -
For the past hour and a half I've been in and out of the bathroom... the pain is mostly gone. Now I'm just REALLY hungry but afraid to eat anything.

Let this be a warning - DO NOT do this challenge unless you're offered a ridiculous sum of money, and even then, think long and hard about how much pain you're willing to bear. I feel like a complete idiot doing it for free. Don't be like me. Be smarter.

Name:  20230503_152250.jpg
Views: 1202
Size:  195.6 KB

'20 BMW m340i... '20 BMW X5 40i... '16 Infiniti Q50 RS 400... '10 Lexus RX 350... '08 Lexus IS 350... '00 Nissan Maxima... '93 Nissan Maxima
Appreciate 3