View Single Post
      06-21-2022, 10:04 AM   #88
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by David70 View Post
I've only driven my Z4M about 8k miles in the last 10 years, it isn't a "mindset" and it is a really poor investment, just all the things that get in the way of driving it more. Remove Winter (say a 1/3 of the year), I spend 40% of my time out of the country. Put the 2 together and 40% of the year I am in the U.S. and it isn't Winter (less than half). Virtually all weekend or longer trips it is me, wife dog so can't drive it. Anytime it is more than 2 people can't drive it. If my wife is driving or she might become the DD she can't drive a manual. It is poor at hauling anything of size. The list goes on. I don't feel bad about it, drive it when I want and am not trying to preserve it.
Similar situation to you, so it's great to see I'm not alone. It's just been a super busy year, and on top of that, the cars need maintenance and repairs. So between all that, the only car that gets driven nowadays are the M2 and daily.

Having said that, I know there's barely any new cars that interest me and I know the days of ICE will be coming to an end at some point. This is why mine are just collecting dust and not being sold. I have no plans to make a profit, but it's also nice to know they're not really losing money.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0