View Single Post
      08-10-2017, 01:43 PM   #15
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

It rubs on full lock while doing U-turns.

It was doing that with the OEM rear wheel squared set-up too, but the OEM setup had rubbed through whatever it was that was rubbing it (the fender liner near the bumper). I'll have to jack the car up and see if it's rubbing on the inside but I don't think so. I suspect it's rubbing on the front fender liner near the brake duct.

Regarding spacers, it depends on what offset you get. I have KW Clubsport and the location of the spring collar means I have less inner clearance than the Ground Control kit I ran before, unless I want to raise the front by another 1/4" which means I'll need to redo the corner balance. Plus I like the ride height where it's at right now. So with my current set-up, it's effectively a ET28 up front with the spacers added (ET 43 minus a 15mm spacer). If I'm on a 265/35/R18 tire it won't rub for sure, and I would have maybe 5mm worth of barrel to strut clearance (hard to measure once it's all bolted up, 5mm is a safe estimate) and maybe the 8-10mm clearance from sidewall to spring collar, with ample room to the fender liner on the outside front, just behind where the bumper meets the fender.

If you square it up and run 25mm offset all around at 9.5" wide, you should theoretically clear the calipers and the strut with ease. My original setup was with camber bolts with 2 washers installed (with the KWs I run with no camber bolt fully knowing the less clearance on the inside of the barrel) at -3º of camber up front, and that has enough clearance inside. The PS-7 has very good caliper clearance too, with the 43mm profile 1 wheels and 15mm spacer you can see I can easily stick a whole hand between the spokes and the calipers.

The BEST all around solution might be to go with the ET35 9.5" wheels, run 265/35/R18 tires, and prepare for a 5mm spacer if need be to clear the inner strut up front. That way you can also run the 75mm studs instead of the 90mm studs (15+mm spacers require the 90mm studs).
Sitting on a beat-up office chair in front of a 5 year old computer in a basement floor, sipping on stale coffee watching a bunch of meaningless numbers scrolling aimlessly on a dimly lit 19” monitor.

Last edited by The HACK; 08-10-2017 at 02:02 PM..
Appreciate 2
bananabun169.00
Over it24.00