View Single Post
      07-26-2017, 12:28 PM   #8
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMetal View Post
Is it my eye or is the driver rear looked lower than the passenger rear?
I think you have eagle eyes. There is a slight difference in ride-height between the right and left rear, but the driver's side is HIGHER by about 3/8".

I have an explanation as to why the driver's side appear LOWER in the picture though. Part of the charm and magic of a MacPherson front, independent multi-link suspension rear with anti-swaybars and massive caster angle (relatively speaking) is the fact that when you turn the wheel one way or another, it actually affects ride height in the direction you're turning in. In the picture the wheels are cranked to the right, thus effectively raising the passenger front tire and lowering the driver's rear. The magic of this suspension layout which has been used on high performance sedans, coupes, and roadsters from BMW and Porsche, is that by default, in a corner at speed you would naturally put more weight to the rear OUTSIDE tire that needs it the most.
Sitting on a beat-up office chair in front of a 5 year old computer in a basement floor, sipping on stale coffee watching a bunch of meaningless numbers scrolling aimlessly on a dimly lit 19” monitor.
Appreciate 0