View Single Post
      10-01-2010, 03:33 PM   #272
crfine88
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E86M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Apex View Post

I truly enjoy and learn from reading this journal.
Thank You very much for taking the time to do this excellent write up.

Looking at your pics, ride height and setup, I am both impressed and puzzled on how your front tires (at ET35, with 245/40/18) don't rub the bumper liner.
My setup with the same KW CS set at 23-1/2" height (from bottom wheel to fender line), the front 245/40/18 ET38 rubbed slightly during transition from oval bank to flat surface. My rear setup with 275/35/18 ET25 has no issue.

So, my solution is to replace front with 245/35 and will be testing it on the track this weekend.
The 245/35/18 smaller diameter creates more spacing between the tires and liner therefore it doesn't look as "slammed".
Thank you for taking the time to read through and comment on the thread.

Your camber and caster settings will help with the front rubbing issue. I know from our previous conversations that you have been play with the camber adjustments. Have you tried adjusting you caster? I have mine pulled back toward the cabin, so as the suspension compresses the wheels is drawn away from the area you are rubbing. I have a color print out of my last alignment that I can post with all of my settings. I can post this next week when I am back in the office with a scanner.