View Single Post
      08-04-2019, 10:51 PM   #8
eggman51
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW Z4 M Roadster

Great feedback - thanks!

I have ordered a replacement set of PS4S fronts only in 245/40. This is the cheapest and most sensible solution for now - thanks for helping me realize that!

I went back through my emails with Apex, and confirmed they recommended 18 x 9 - 245/35 and 18 x 10 - 275/35, which contradicts their advice on their fitment guide for the Z4.

I've read up some more on suspension options and wheel / tire choices, so I better understand that now - thanks!

WRT still learning, this is definitely the case, but I've been able to turn some good lap times (1.59.8 at The Ridge - 2 flat is a good time in a Z4 there) after 4 track days, and getting into the 2.03s at Oregon Raceway Park CCW after 1 track day (2.01 is a good lap time here in the CCW config). Not trying to brag at all, just saying that "oh shit" moments are happening at a reasonable pace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azeka1 View Post
One thing that I would emphasize is moving to a square setup. Doing so will give you a better balanced car and also allow you to extend the life of whatever tires you decide to buy.
Regards square setups, can you do that with different width wheels, but even up the tire sizes? Or must you use the same size wheels?

Thanks again for your patience and help - much appreciated - I hope I can buy you a beer or ten someday!!!
Appreciate 0