View Single Post
      10-11-2019, 11:23 AM   #10
KenB925
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ZL1, Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcphoto View Post
I did a Whole30 cleanse last year and found it interesting but I don't feel it's necessary for me. Although, I did feel a certain sense of empowerment from not drinking for a month.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
I'm sober year round these days. This was absolutely not the case for the past 20 years. Just kinda grew out of the habit. Always enjoyed inebriation of some form, but now days I hate feeling like shit the day after.
Its just an interesting thing to do.

If nothing else you learn a little about yourself and your habits, and to prove that you don't need to do it.

I am happy (relieved? ) to report that I have had absolutely no problem, I was in the habit of drinking a couple of beers (or something) most days of the week (probably 5).

I think I did it out of habit, and as a punctuation to the day. The 'work' is done and the proof of that is cracking a beer open, usually after the kids are in bed and the house is quite, or after working on a project during the weekend.

One of the guys doing this with me is in the same boat as me, no issue. The other one never wants to do this again.

If nothing else giving the system a little time to cleanse and losing a couple of pounds can't be a bad thing.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00