classyfast
Banned
Rep
Drives: e36m/e46m/E92 LCI 335/f30 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster
Quote:
Originally Posted by classyfast
Wow this is strange but kinda cool.....wish their engineers would spend time perfecting a HPFP, coils and injectors that didn't fail!!! Maybe a water pump or 2 here or there that lasts??
Do you really think that BMW makes fuel pumps, injectors , ignition coils or water
Pumps ? Oh dear.

Let me see what they did back in the 80s.

Water pump - made by LASO
Injectors - BOSCH
ignition coils - perhaps BMW made plug wires
Fuel pump - BOSCH

Pretty sure that in the 2010s they still sublet the manufacturing of these parts. ...

It always sucks for companies like BMW when a part provider screws up a part - the parent company gets blamed for years by Joe Schmo on the Internet
I don't care who makes what for BMW, you buy a BMW for the brand, they need to have their stuff in check before letting garbage parts end up in mass produced cars.

Have you ever been stranded on a crazy interstate highway from a failed hpfp? Have you ever had your pregnant wife coast a 335 to the shoulder through traffic after it died on a route 95 during rush hour traffic? Have have you had your water pump fail at 17k miles 230 miles from home and have to pay out of pocket for hotel and accommodations? Maybe, maybe not, but I have and it sucks but I love these cars.

I've owned 3 e9x 335's, and every iteration of M3 from e36 on (except f8x) over the past 16 years. I don't consider myself a joe-shmo internet bum, I'm a life-long BMW customer and those issues bother the hell out of me. Believe me hpfp issues (along with coil pack issues and injectors) are alive and well in the f platform too, read up on it.

Meanwhile they're working on stuff like this, laser headlights and entertainment apps for the car. Smh
Appreciate 0