View Single Post
      03-12-2012, 03:56 PM   #6
esqu1re
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by prodigal_m View Post
I had been looking to replace my factory front rotors and was considering picking them up from www.racingbrake.com but the back breaking cost has kept me from pulling the trigger thus far. I have heard nothing but rave reviews (from the hack) and from a few others that have been running the rotors on their cars (not MZ4's.) I figure if I could get 3 or 4 years out of them it would definitely be worth the price of admission.

http://www.racingbrake.com/Two_piece...tio_p/2102.htm

Forum member BTM pointed out to me that it's the same size as the 335i blanks (which should fit.) If they work that's a huge cost savings even over OEM rotors!

http://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-21...335d-pair.aspx

Has anybody tried this or am I going to be the first (after a bit more research of course.)
Not sure how it is now, but Racing Brake couldn't fulfill my order a year and a half back.

see email dated 12/2010

Thanks for your inquiry. We used to produce the Z4m front two-piece rotor, but have stopped production since demand was low. We can make more of them, but only if there is enough interest. Do you think that there would be several Z4M owners who might also be interested? We might have a one of our dealers run a group buy, since these rotors can also be used on the M3 E46 Competition model, and our dealer could cross-promote on two forums.

If you are interested in the rear rotors, we are working on those, and when they are complete, they will not have any hardware interference issues and will be a direct bolt-on. ETA for those would be about 16 weeks.

Let us know if you think there would be sufficient demand for these rotors.

Mike

///M Coupe: RPI Scoop, OE Strut, CDV, Volk RE30, SS Brake Lines, Stromung Exhaust
Appreciate 0