07-11-2011, 12:30 PM   #8
007MCoupe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 Sakhir M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by zkeeper View Post
You did not say: if after a year you want it shipped, it appears you are there for much longer. If it was just a year...then store safe with someone and find Korean transport. If longer, then yes you have an issue. If you let the car go, you will have difficulty finding one for sure upon return...but they are out there. Picx will surely help...can you pay for extra protection, private cubicle etc? Money talks...but even then its often a worry. BUT its an option they may offer...especially if they know you are taking pixs...and asking them to sign an agreement with YOU, re: condition that they agree to before you hand over keys. Its like a detailer, taking pics and getting a signed agreement before significant work is done, so owner cannot claim you scratched the car while it was in your shop care. Maybe they will do that, sending a signal, you are not kidding about the care of this car. Bests to you on this...
The car is staying in Dallas while I'm in Korea and then they'll ship it to Italy when I PCS to Italy. So once it's at the port, it's in their control.

As said above I will be asking around for private storage and other options. Thanks so much!