View Single Post
      07-11-2011, 12:28 PM   #7
007MCoupe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 Sakhir M3 ZCP

I really appreciate the offer santov and I WILL Keep that in mind, but the miltary stores it for free (for me at least) so i'm paying nothing out of my pocket. I've been to this place before and it's like on large warehouse, so no private cubicles or anything. IDK if there's someon I could pay to get "special" attention re: battery tender. That's the only thing i'm worried about is leaving it on there and no one notices until my car has caught fire. But even THEN i run into the issue that this place most likely won't even let me leave anything like that in the car. They shipped my wife's car to England and it couldn't even have floor mats in it...so yeah. I'm going to invest in a nice padded cover at the very minimum.

There's the usual few rock chips up front, nothing major so it's not like the paint is pristine or anything, just dont' want anything major to happen to it. It boils down to Idon't have an option, really, to store it so i'm at the whim of selling or dealing with what they give me. I AM, however, going to ask the people here on base if there's a private storage company that can take care of it and get it to the port on time for shipment.

I just hate being out of control of something like that. BUT regardless, I'll be in Italy so I can't complain TOO much I guess...

I'll try to keep this thread updated for future questions that may arise by another member down the road, and for anyone else interested lurking this thread.

Thanks again so far for the ideas. I REALLY appreciate the offer santov and I might be in touch...