View Single Post
      07-10-2011, 04:39 PM   #5
zkeeper
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 & 08 Z4 si

There ya go...santov has made you an offer. I still think you would be ahead if you found someone stateside to take care of it...other than strangers, and if you are set on having it there, and can afford the storage and shipping its going to take at a "strange" place, then pay someone you might find etc that cares.

Yes on the batt tender...you leave it hooked up and it works wonders. BUT if they unplug it, or leave on the fender...or whatever you are at risk. I cannot imagine any place who really does not know you or the car, will make sure for one year that thing stays plugged in...just my personal para I guess.

You did not say: if after a year you want it shipped, it appears you are there for much longer. If it was just a year...then store safe with someone and find Korean transport. If longer, then yes you have an issue. If you let the car go, you will have difficulty finding one for sure upon return...but they are out there. Picx will surely help...can you pay for extra protection, private cubicle etc? Money talks...but even then its often a worry. BUT its an option they may offer...especially if they know you are taking pixs...and asking them to sign an agreement with YOU, re: condition that they agree to before you hand over keys. Its like a detailer, taking pics and getting a signed agreement before significant work is done, so owner cannot claim you scratched the car while it was in your shop care. Maybe they will do that, sending a signal, you are not kidding about the care of this car. Bests to you on this...
Appreciate 0