Thread: Don't Buy BMW
View Single Post
      02-28-2007, 08:58 PM   #1
silverblade
Rep
Drives:

Don't Buy BMW

My advice to everyone here is don't buy BMW!! Owned 3 already all major headaches.. My Z4 is the latest addition to the story...

My car info:

2003 Z4 2.5i
Warranty Expired Jan. 29th 2007

Problems?
"Software Clitch" was adviced by local service manager

Why?
"Somtimes happens, it software" also advice by the local service manager

Effect?
Almost crash into the wall on the freeway because car stop responding and everything shutdown, lucky I was able to restart the car by putting it in neutral, while the car was still rolling and out of control.
Occassional problems while starting the car, idle will flux and car will not respond to control.

Why didn't I bring it in right away?
I did but they told me I needed an appointment, said they only have spots open a week from that day which is the 8th of Feb. 2007.

Why didn't I fix it?
Well BMW wanted estimate at 2,000 usd to reload the software.

Wasn't it under warranty?
Technically yes but the local BMW dealership told me today is the 8th of Feb. and my warranty expired on Jan. 29th, which is about 9 days pass. All they have to do is check the log and know that is happened before the warranty expired and they should fix it.

What local BMW dealership said...
"BMW doesn't warranty their car forever no one does, since this is a software problem, doesn't fall into any category under the service agreement anyways."

What BMW said..
"Contact your local service manager"

Status..
Today is Feb. 28th, 2007 and my car is still sitting in the dealership trying to fix my gas tank sensor problem. As regard to the software problem, no progress.

What did I learn from this?

Never bought a BMW again!! This is the 3rd BMW I have already, the first one was cool, a 1995 328i drove it until I traded it for the second one, the second 2000 528i had some problems, mainly sensor problems, spent almost 5,000 usd to get the problems fix but mileage is pretty high almost 100k. This one, 2003 Z4 only 20k miles, a "software problem" that BMW refusing to fix and almost cost me my life.

Quite frankly not sure what other cars to buy, never owned a Mercedes or a Lexus... Any suggestions on what I can get? Anything but BMW, willing to get a Toyota then buy another BMW.

Be warned guyz!!
Appreciate 0