View Single Post
      04-22-2010, 07:35 AM   #65
sipman
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC

maybe i've got something wrong

Ryanchua, and R32, Thanks for your input. The method you describe is exactly what I'm trying to accomplish. I agree that doing anything other than using the right side of my right foot to control throttle seems unnatural. More so for me as my right foot was crushed by a car while I was on my motorcycle, so using my actual heel to do anything doesn't seem to work.
I use the roll method on my 83 rabbit GTi that I autocross and nearly every other manual car I've driven. In fact, the Z4MCoupe works fine at street speeds. My problem is at the end of high speed straights, after scrubbing 100mph, I find the travel of the brake pedal is below the level of the throttle.
So while the ultimate pedals solve the distance between the brake and throttle, it doesn't solve the mis-matching heights. (I think). Correct me if I'm wrong, please.
The solution that was suggested is to add a pad to the brake pedal that will allow it's final height to be closer to that of the throttle when I'm standing on the brake.
What I'm wondering is.. does anyone have a suggestion that might be better than bolting a piece of plywood to the brake pedal? Does anyone make an aluminum brake pedal that provides good traction that is height adjustable?
Appreciate 0