View Single Post
      05-08-2024, 09:52 AM   #12
cooolone2
Captain
Rep
Drives: 20' M240iX B58, 01' 330XI E46

It is a shithole, and any proclamation otherwise is extremely misconstrued! Just because you took the subway a few times and walked here or there isn't a testimony to the actual conditions. Law Enforcement under attack, undermanned and prosecutors not prosecuting crime, even felonies, have the miscreants celebrating daily! The closed storefronts, have you seen them!? They're there everywhere... Restaurants too... Need reservations to do even the most simple stuff like spontaneously deciding to go to a Museum! Prices are out of control, the Tip Culture, and more! Take the subway? Lol, you're out of your mind! City reminds me of the mid 70's... Not quite but real close! Crime stats are suppressed and or labeled in such a way to lend the appearance, for Tourism, that all things are better than they actually are! Did you stop by Times Square? Count the number of NYPD there? It's not by chance there's so many...

Met a bunch of couples when we were returning from Germany in December that were coming to NY. We asked them why (family, etc) and they said no, they were coming to see the Tree and NY for the Holiday. I laughed and asked them why??? Hahahaha!

I can tell you, even being at the Main HBF terminal in Frankfurt was and is nothing compared to Penn Sta. or the Port Authority Bus Terminal... Try it on for size and then let us all know what you think of NY, because that's the true representation of what's there!

NY is done... It's just that "It" and "Others" haven't realized it yet! You get mugged, assaulted, or worse, just know nothing is happening to those who commit the crime! NYC is prosecuting half the felonies, and even many of those are released with the promise they'll return for court, and about 1/3 actually do! That's it... And then the DA doesn't even pursue warrants on those who daily to appear!

Yeah... NY NY!

Grew up in NYC, lived in NY my whole life, up until this year as I've joined the tens of thousands vacating the State!

Good Luck there! You'll need it!

*Notice I did not mention the migrant issue, where there's tens of thousands now there, and more arriving daily. Hanging around, can't work, nothing engaging to do, given free $ by the city. Wait for the summer... That's going to be a powderkeg!
Appreciate 2
Oldgixxer1997.00