05-07-2024, 09:12 AM   #6
Navin_Johnson
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 m240i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Bimmer View Post
If $130 is material (piece-part), and $616 is labor, then $616 does NOT "replace" the mirror assembly, rather they are claiming that the mirror assembly must be "removed" to replace the trim piece.

So, for $616 in labor, they remove the door card, remove the mirror assembly, remove the trim, install the new trim, install the original mirror assembly, and reinstall the original door card.

Which, as another post states, is, IMHO, a HUGE waste of money for a small dent in your trim piece.
What a poor design. A friend of mine has a 2007 Toyota 4 Runner that over time had the rubber that rubs the outside of the window as it rolls down dry rot and start breaking off of the trim (like yours) that runs along the top of the outside of the door. He bought a 5 piece kit I think off Amazon for his truck, and asked me to give him a hand replacing them since he can do brakes, and that's about it. It took us about 15 minutes to take off and replace with new on all 4 doors and the rear hatch. I've never needed to this to any of my cars before, and was really impressed with the design and how easy it was to do. Only had to release (not remove) one door card because the old part slipped out of my hand and fell to the bottom of the door. If this mirror needs removal to replace this trim, it's a bad design.
If the dent is as small as it looks in the photo, I too would just live with it. Or I'd do it myself........
Appreciate 0