vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
I played coed D-league softball with the wife's family for a couple years. Did I mention coed? D-league? They were so aggressive and competitive (family) that I quit. The straw was when my oldest son slid into second and took this poor lady out. BIL was all jumping up/down celebrating "taking that b OUT!"
Back in my younger days, I played a few seasons on our employee softball team in the local city's D-league. I was playing catcher at one game, and we were already a player short that day. The batter hit the ball deep, to an outfielder on our team who was a major league pitching prospect at the time. He threw a frozen rope so hard towards home plate that it was still climbing when it sailed over the backstop and into the parking lot. I stepped out of the base line when I saw that ball heading for Mars, and made a token jump even though it was hopeless. The runner coming home from third base didn't see the ball from his back, and decided to take me out mid-jump because that's the way that you play full-contact softball.

When I came to about a minute later with a mouth full of dirt, the umpire and several players were standing over me asking if I needed an ambulance. I asked them to give me a few minutes to walk it off, since we would have had to forfeit the game because of not enough players if I couldn't continue to play.

We won the league championship that year, and our work health insurance provider actually made us stop playing the next year because every single player but me was in the ER at some point during that last season.

I decided after this experience that racing was a safer hobby.....
sygazelle12402.50
M_Six18564.00
UncleWede18324.00