10-14-2023, 10:43 AM   #56
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
Anything in Miami. When I had first moved there, talk about a culture shock. My main home is way out in the burbs of St. Louis, boy is my time spent in Doral the polar opposite concerning traffic! I hear people complain here in STL about traffic and I just smile, they have no idea how good they really have it.

The below is one of many pics I’ve taken. Get the time wrong, and it’s common to spend 90 minutes in your car to go a few miles. You will sit at lights and watch them cycle a few times before anyone even moves. Forever summer comes at a price!!
Wifey and I flew into Tampa one year to visit family for Xmas. Family lived in Orlando, but Wifey and I wanted to spend some time in Tampa/St. Pete, so we flew in there and figured we'd just drive over to Orlando to visit. My sister said that was not a good idea, but by then we already had our flights, so too late to change. Sister was right. The highway from Tampa to Orlando was a long parking lot. Every now and then it would break free for a bit, but then the some idiot driver (and there are a lot of them in FL) would come barrelling up the left breakdown lane at 80MPH when everyone else was moving at 45 or 50. In no time we'd be back to a standstill. Took us just under 6 hours to get from Tampa to Orlando.

"Life is uncertain, eat bacon now."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 1
NickyC17683.00