Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep
Drives: All of them

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTS Daddy View Post
I’ll leave this right here...
I feel fortunate that I got my 911 before the Porsche dealers started screwing over their customers, including ones who had made several purchases. I don't want to give them any more of my money. When I bought my first Porsche, it was like they appreciated me as a customer, didn't try to do any funny business, and I came in and bought the car, very painless and amicable process. I did this several times.

I was offered a GT4RS allocation earlier this year (plus all the add-ons) but didn't want another cayman based car. I asked for a GT3 Touring allotment and after a few months, was contacted. I'd have to do the whole kabookie dance to get the full PPF at 2-3x above market price (and they do a crappy job), ceramic coat that doesn't hold up, and one of their Porsche Design watches for another 6-7k....and sign a piece of paper saying I won't flip the car (which I wouldn't but it's the principal of the matter).

At the end the car would have been about $30k above sticker so I just said no way and expressed my strong displeasure even after having transacted 4-5 Porsches with them. Haven't heard from them since. I think they have their handful of billionaires who buy cars every month and are satisfied with that.
Appreciate 0