View Single Post
      05-18-2023, 05:07 PM   #11
nerdogray
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
Yeah, I thought you needed to be south for some reason.

If you don't the further north the more peace and quiet and the further your $$ will go. If you are willing to be further from the beach... and pretty much further from everything you can get a decent house with 1-2 acres out in Loxahatchee for $500-$650k. Jupiter is nice also. Wellington is also nice. With $650k you can probably find something in that area that's decent.... definitely waaaaay better than anything in Miami for that price.

My requirements have kind of moved around in the past day just with new information. I had Broward County in my mind because that's just the area in which I had most direct, personal experience, but with all this new information, I'd be better served elsewhere. My agent said there's a new development called Westlake that is west of Jupiter, all new construction. But it's quite a bit inland.. like 20 miles or so I think he said. Really would prefer closer to the sea, to the point I can smell it on the air. I'm working on getting re-preapproved and will see where I'm at with financing, though. It may be that I have to go inland to follow more aggressive pricing. Every year for the past five years, I've poked my head out, started looking, got preapproved, only to get disgusted and just lease again... thinking to myself "next year should be better, this is crazy." Well each "next year" has done nothing but get worse. Rates are horrible, but rentals are over-the-top now, too.
Appreciate 0