View Single Post
      10-20-2022, 02:44 PM   #24
Rafichicago
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5 2009 E63AMG Wagon

I used to have 2004 545i. Had this car for 10 years purchased with 30k miles sold with 130 or so. The only electrical problem I had was airbag module that prevented generic obd scanners to read faults therefore car wouldn't pass emissions. They burn oil because of valve stem seals getting brittle and not sealing properly. I did not have single transmission problem. Secondary air system can take a crap because passages will get clogged with carbon. My very good friend has e63 M6 manual with low miles under 50k. Other than leaky oil cooler no problems for 7 years and almost 30k miles. If I'd have any M5 or M6 of that era it would be manual car only. They're good cars but not great daily drivers. They require proper 10W60 and it needs to be changed regularly. Those cars need to be properly warmed up before driving them. Hence not great daily drivers. Rod bearings can be done for around $2k-2,5k which shouldn't be a problem when buying any of those. They were in some instances over $100K vehicles and maintenance remains high. Hope this helps someone.
Appreciate 0