05-02-2021, 07:29 AM   #82
F360C
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E86 S54

Quote:
Originally Posted by maupineda View Post
I may do it if I am able to source a 4.1 gearset. I saw the tools, but I do not know the diameter. if we get the dimensions of the tool and ask racingdiffs, the ones for the diff and the spacing of the tabs, we would know for sure.
Picked up the oem Motorsport 4.10!

Motorsport 4.10 by Adam McGregor, on Flickr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanne View Post
Open only if your interested in swapping the clutches for a new set. I had 200k kilometers on mine, the clutches were in semi ok nick. I think the hydro-swash plate (i look at this thing and it reminds me of a helicopter swash plate)- does a good job. So the only real reason to open it is to replace the stock clutches.. you cant add extra ones as then you cant close it up anymore. When I found out I wasn't able to add more clutches, that's when I went down the race diff route.

So your either going to end up with a stock/re-furbed Mdiff , or at that stage your going to drop in a diff from one of the many other manufacturers..

ill show you my plates that came out.
Thanks for the pics Vanne!

This is basically what I want to do... just refresh the stock LSD. I would love a drexler or RacingDiff uograded LSD but I have already spent too much on the car this year. If i can get the LSD open I can can refresh it with slightly better clutches for $600 vs $3K for an upgraded LSD.

Any chance that shop wants to sell the tool to open the diff or make another?

07 Z4 M Coupe AW/IR
Appreciate 0