02-01-2021, 08:22 PM   #7680
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 MWM ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
I'm going to show you how ugly I looked. My old passport photo as God made me, along with photos of me now. You really don't have to do much to make a significant difference. I'm not saying I'm Paris Hilton in any way, but it's a good start.

I still have the same annoying personality, just made some physical improvements along the way and you can too!
This really confirms what I stated earlier - attractive people have NO IDEA. You were far from ugly beforehand, and afterwards - you have simply changed your target market from one culture to another. I personally don't think you improved your looks, just changed them.

I've delayed responding while I thought about things and read other peoples responses, and my head is just a bigger mess now than it was then, so sorry if this is a rambling jumble of comments. And Sara504 , this isn't all directed at you per se - it's kind of a combined response to a lot of messages from various people.

As for what I'm doing about my looks, not a lot. I bought a treadmill recently to start exercising, because I rescued a dog who is rather hostile to other people and dogs, so going out walking with him is difficult. I could consider plastic surgery, but in the past 12 months I have spent $1.5M (cash) on cars here, in the UK and in NZ, and another $200K helping friends through hard times or with life goals like having a child. I am still helping 3 friends with day to day living, one of whom had a brain tumor diagnosis last November, so I'm paying about $5k a month for her rehabilitation and living in the mean time. I'm also building a new home to house my growing car collection, so that covers the "look into surgery" comments, as well as the "it's all about how you treat people". Not that its all about how much money you spend on people, but trust me - my friends and anyone I date are treated extremely well.

At the same time, things like botox for wrinkles are one thing. Changing a jaw line, or protruding chin etc. are harder and more invasive. If it were just my nose, I could have that dealt with. But this just follows on from my earlier comments that I don't think you understand where I'm starting from - especially when you say you think you were ugly. It's like in your world you see 9 as ugly and 10 as perfect - yet some of us live firmly in the 3 territory. You don't seem to have any true idea of the scale, nor what ugly actually means.

Another big major part that's hard to describe is "whether it's worth it" but that ties into a LOT of things in my life that you need to understand also. I have been working hard all my life (by hard, I mean often 100+ hours a week 52 weeks a year - not just "a bit of overtime" here and there). In the past 10 years that has served me very well. Prior to that, I learned a lot that served me well in the past 10 years, but it means I have been mostly single for my entire life. And I'm used to that. Used to making my own decisions. I actually fear being in a relationship and discovering that I don't like to share the decision making etc. so there's actually reasons in my head to remain single. My builder laughed with me that I'm getting a feature in my house he has always wanted in all the homes he's built, and his wife will never agree to it. To me I'm glad I get what I want. To him - he's obviously happier with his wife. I'm not sure I would be - that's the worst part of being old and starting a new relationship. If I had been with someone for 30 years, I probably wouldn't care so much. So I really do not know if I would even be happier in a relationship or not, so why sacrifice all the good food and wine I can enjoy to stay fit and healthy for something that doesn't make me happier?

And then there's the cars/money. Yes, I have a Lambo. 3 in fact. And a Ferrari, 2 Lotuses, a Sunbeam Tiger, and my lowly M3 as a daily driver. That's not counting the Camaro and Hyundai Elantra i bought for friends who needed help. To me the issue with dating is that I don't have a cheap shitbox to drive to a date. But none of those cars are there to impress anyone but me. I bought them for me and me alone. And the last thing I would want is to date someone because of any of those cars. I spend a lot of time talking to people about the cars in car parks, but I've never dated anyone because of it - but not by my choice. I'm so ugly nobody has ever asked for my contact details lol.

Sorry for the ramble, and no doubt I've forgotten half of what I wanted to say.

Last edited by dinonz; 02-01-2021 at 08:38 PM..
Appreciate 0