06-30-2020, 10:32 AM   #5
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyriian View Post
Hard to tell, but the rubbing wasn't even on the fender, its on the front (and partially the back) part of the fender liner, I had cut about a 1 1/2" slit in the fender liner (between the access door to the headlight to the edge of the bumper pretty much, and I still rub on occassion at the track with the suspension loaded. From rub marks on the fender liner I am convinced I need to cut another 1/2-1" off the fender liner for it to fully clear.

Raising it did help in terms of rubbing on the fenders, previously I was for sure rubbing on metal, and first time I went out to track with this setup before I had my height adjusted, I was rubbing fender, fender liner, and even dislodged the front bumper every time I come off the track.

basically what I learned is, more camber will help as long as you aren't touching the spring perches or the spring on the inside, so will height, but ultimately if you are lapping it, you will likely rub on the liner like I have.
Yea I know exactly the area you’re referring to. I had that same issue on my previous 3.0si when I ran a taller diameter tire (i.e. it was not a width issue). I wonder if 265/35 won’t be as bad since it’s a little shorter than a 245/40.