Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 xDrive50i M-sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
GREAT to see you back!!

I'm glad things are looking up for you on the biz side! These are challenging times.

On your CEL, I had one appearing on the M6 recently that wouldn't go away. I started with the fuel tank cap which only yielded a temporary fix. I drove it about a week later and, boom...CEL again. I knew it wasn't plugs or coils so I decided to do an Italian Tune-up with a 96 octane mix on the standard tune. The tune-up was about 50 or 60 miles, flat-stick and to the redline as much as possible. After a good cool-down I parked it. The next day I started it and no CEL. No matter how advanced the tech, it seems the Italian Tune-up will always have a place in the automotive toolbox.

Again, good to have you back.
Cheers-mk
Thank you, sir.

Yeah, once the Boostane concentration is down to nothing, I'll flash the stock tune back onto it and give it an "Italian tune-up" and see what that does. Not sure if the orange MMT residue can be burned out; usually something that's a powder has a really high kindling point. They may have to be taken out and cleaned manually, at which point I may opt for downpipes although I really love the sound I have right now and don't want it to change much. We'll see. I can use BimmerLink to clear the code if it's bugging me, and the steering wheel covers up the CEL...so not a dire situation. It's not something that poses a danger to the car, though it's lost some performance and is now faster than only 95% of the other cars on the road, instead of 99%. There's a first-world problem for ya.