View Single Post
      04-29-2020, 10:52 AM   #4
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

Lol.

Hold my beer.

My father passed away suddenly in January this year. He had leased a 2019 Chevy Bolt. Originally we initiated a lease transfer with GM, fully intending for a family friend to assume the remaining lease term on the car.

Then the pandemic happened. And 60 days into the process and 2 more monthly payments later, we were told that they couldn’t verify the family friend’s income and the lease assumption process is denied.

Shrug.

Fine. We need to return the leased car because my mom was solely dependent on my father and on a fixed retirement income, and she does not have a valid driver’s license. After some back and forth GM said just go ahead and turn the car in to the dealership we bought it from.

So I called and they are indeed open and I brought the car in for my mom, as she is in a high risk group with a higher than 20% mortality rate if she contracts the COVID-19 disease. While at the dealership I kept getting the run around. After about an hour they asked if my dad had an executor of estate. I told them no. Then they asked if there’s a surviving spouse. Yes. My mom. Then they told me she needs to be here to sign the “release forms.”

Ugh. I told her to mask up, I picked her up and brought her back to the dealership, while they prepare the paperwork. All this time my HACK Tingle was going off like CRAZY. I asked to see the paperwork before she signed it...

Lo and behold, they’re sticking her with the remainder of the lease payments (about $25,000) by having her sign a probate form assuming the responsibility for the lease as the surviving spouse, because my dad was the sole signee on the lease contract (she did not co-sign). I blew my gasket. On top of grieving for the loss of a life long partner (they’ve been married for 50 years), the means for her financial support, on a fixed retirement income...They’re trying to fleece a grieving WIDOW.

Jesus. FUCKING. Christ. Have these people no shame?

I stormed out the dealership, refusing to have my mom sign the paperwork. I called GM Financial back and told them the car is parked in my driveway, and since my dad passed away, there will no longer be any more payment be made. They want the car? COME REPOSSESS IT. F*ck them.

3 weeks later someone showed up with a tow truck and took the leased Bolt back.

They tried to stick $25K on a grieving widow. That’s the kind of people they are. They have no soul. They can all rot in hell for all I care.
Sitting on a beat-up office chair in front of a 5 year old computer in a basement floor, sipping on stale coffee watching a bunch of meaningless numbers scrolling aimlessly on a dimly lit 19” monitor.
Appreciate 23
alex23642861.50
Humdizzle6051.00
stein_325i25083.00
GKay28.50
robertm449.50
Steeler2427.50
Mavus2027.50
overcoil3073.50
NQRDDS53.50
SherM4n630.00
bri10425931.00